Obviously I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon - but have no fear, I intend to redeem myself. As I sat here, spending a ridiculous amount of time checking my e-mail(s), facebook, etc., I realized that there was no reason I couldn't be updating my blog and letting people know what's going on in my life. I won't go into extreme detail and although I'm not longer living in Jordan, I still have some pretty interesting stories and experiences.
I will start my filling you in (briefly) on my life in Somerville thus far. I moved here at the end of September '10 and was lucky enough to find the coolest roommate via craigslist. No horror stories - if anything, me and the cats have been a horror story for her! Her name is Angela and she is fantastic, that's all I will say there. I started working for part-time Roman Music Therapy Services and also contracted part-time for a local hospice agency and balanced the two jobs since November. Switching my mind between kids and hospice patients each day began to take a bit of a toll mentally and physically on me so I opened my mind to other ideas and opportunities. It so happened that an opportunity literally fell into my lap and starting April 6, I will be working full-time as a music therapist for another hospice agency. It was a difficult decision to part with my current positions but this is the most responsible and healthy decision for me at this time. I can't tell you how excited I am to really put my energy into one position, really work on my therapeutic skills with one population.
The cats have gotten HUGE since I last posted a picture. I'll have to take a current picture for you and put it up soon. They keep me busy and are always getting into some sort of trouble. Even though they often cause frustration, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I think it is so important to have something outside yourself that you are responsible for, that you take care of - and they also provide comfort for me.
I have been slowly getting to know the city of Boston as well as the surrounding towns and neighborhood and let me tell you, there is no shortage of awesome restaurants!! Keeping my usual pace, I will certainly walk you through Boston via food :o)
My life in Jordan is still stuck in my head and I think of it often - I also picture my life in South Carolina. It's funny how we leave a bit of ourselves everywhere we go. I only hope that I leave good memories for folks and I know that I take wonderful experiences and memories from each place that I have been.
Will update soon.
I will start my filling you in (briefly) on my life in Somerville thus far. I moved here at the end of September '10 and was lucky enough to find the coolest roommate via craigslist. No horror stories - if anything, me and the cats have been a horror story for her! Her name is Angela and she is fantastic, that's all I will say there. I started working for part-time Roman Music Therapy Services and also contracted part-time for a local hospice agency and balanced the two jobs since November. Switching my mind between kids and hospice patients each day began to take a bit of a toll mentally and physically on me so I opened my mind to other ideas and opportunities. It so happened that an opportunity literally fell into my lap and starting April 6, I will be working full-time as a music therapist for another hospice agency. It was a difficult decision to part with my current positions but this is the most responsible and healthy decision for me at this time. I can't tell you how excited I am to really put my energy into one position, really work on my therapeutic skills with one population.
The cats have gotten HUGE since I last posted a picture. I'll have to take a current picture for you and put it up soon. They keep me busy and are always getting into some sort of trouble. Even though they often cause frustration, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I think it is so important to have something outside yourself that you are responsible for, that you take care of - and they also provide comfort for me.
I have been slowly getting to know the city of Boston as well as the surrounding towns and neighborhood and let me tell you, there is no shortage of awesome restaurants!! Keeping my usual pace, I will certainly walk you through Boston via food :o)
My life in Jordan is still stuck in my head and I think of it often - I also picture my life in South Carolina. It's funny how we leave a bit of ourselves everywhere we go. I only hope that I leave good memories for folks and I know that I take wonderful experiences and memories from each place that I have been.
Will update soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment