Friday, January 22, 2010

Jordanian Birthday :o)

Well, it's officially my 24th birthday (although technically I have to wait 2 more hours for it to be the exact time according to my mother) but it has been a wonderful day thus far.  The festivities started yesterday when I went shopping for a new outfit to wear at night, going dancing!!!  A group of about 6 of us went dancing where the music was insanely loud and there wasn't much space to stand, haha, but we had a great time laughing and dancing away to crazy techno beats.  I obviously need to work on my dance moves but I held my own  :o)   This morning then consisted of our weekly football (soccer) match where MY team won!!!  I of course missed all my shots on goal but I was pleased with my performance, we have intense competition, hehe.   After football, we enjoyed some breakfast/brunch at Crumbs Bakery and I had a delicious birthday cupcake for dessert.  Everyone is so sweet, calling and writing e-mails from afar, I feel well-loved.  


It's hard to be away from close family and friends, I'd love to see people and just be able to sit and talk, give some hugs away but soon enough, that time will come.  I am always blown away by the people around me and how blessed and lucky I am to have such support in my life no matter where I end up.  That has to be from the power above because I am somehow surrounded by fantastic people in every area of life.  Thank you to everyone for keeping in touch with me since I've been away - I have enjoyed every moment of e-mailing and blogging and calling with bad skype connections :o)  


In other news, things with the job are up in the air so I will keep you updated.  The actual work is much better in the organization factor this semester but some other issues have risen since the funding came through.  Hopefully, things will work out for all parties involved and for the well-being of the clients.  Julie and I are doing a workshop about Music Therapy for another NGO called the Center for Victims of Torture, meeting with their staff of 15 people which is exciting!  They are very interested in learning more about music therapy and how it can be incorporated with working with torture victims.  


In the music scene, we had an amazing symphony concert on Wednesday in conjunction with the Cairo Symphony.  I am hoping to get my hands on one of the recordings and post it for you to listen to, get a little glimpse of the Amman Symphony Orchestra.   AND, I auditioned for and made an arabic/english choir that will be singing throughout the spring, a perk being we have a retreat next weekend at the Dead Sea, sounds good to me!  


Alright, going to see Avatar in 3D tonight so I better shower!  :o)   Sending xoxoxo, miss you and love you, thanks for all the birthday wishes, made my day!

No comments: