Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Events


As much fun as unpacking stuff is, I made the time to take a few breaks throughout the weekend and enjoy some of the local events in the area!   On Saturday, Mary and her cousin Katie and I went to the Union Square Fluff Festival where everything was centered around MARSHMELLOW FLUFF!  They had whoopee pies with fluff, fluffernutters, weird tasty saltines with fluff combos (nacho cheese and fluff, etc.) and they had fluff merchandise of course!  I got a fluff magnet for my fridge to go along with roommates Michigan State magnet.  Someone send me Penn State gear! 


The kittens have been busy exploring the place, making lots of noise at night, and waking me up early. Hmm....I will have to break some of these habits but they are so darn cute while they are doing them.  


Yesterday, in the midst of my unpacking party, I decided to walk to the train station (took me about 20 minutes) and ride into the city for a free Boston Pops concert in the Common!  How awesome is that?!  A wonderful free concert in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.  To finish the afternoon off, Mark and Katie and I went to a lovely little cafe (of which I forget the name) in Beacon Hill and enjoyed some hot chocolate as it is starting to get chilly up here already!  Hello Fall.  


I'll keep you updated with more - I know it's a bit different than my Jordan Adventures but I'm sure I'll have something worthwhile to tell you about   :o) 

No comments: