Ok - so I am cheesy and think that every month should be about giving thanks but I have been particularly hit with this November's overwhelming "Give Thanks" theme. Maybe it is because I work with amazing kids everyday that have to go through more in a day than most of us do in a year - maybe it is because I am extremely blessed to have a job, have a wonderful roommate, good friends, fantastic family, etc. - the list could go on and on. On the other hand, maybe it is because when we take the time to stop and look around, we will see goodness all around us - how can we not be thankful for that?! A person holding the door for another, someone giving back a cell phone they found on the floor of a restaurant......the whole 'Pay It Forward' idea.
I think we all have moment where things look like the worst, or at least we dramatize them in that way but in reality, things are going pretty well. I am having one of those moments I think....haha. My job is going great and I am settling in well to the Boston area......it's just hard meeting people and making friends, etc.
In other news, I had a lovely afternoon with Mark yesterday, we went to a cafe down the street where I had some delicious hot chocolate and enjoyed wonderful conversation - then I hung out with Katie this afternoon and walked around downtown Boston, enjoying soup and books and chilly weather :o)
The cats are continually crazy, playing with everything but mostly with their toys. I am thinking about being mean and dressing them up for the Christmas holidays, haha. We'll see!
I am looking forward to a visit from Miss Lyndsey Mulholland this coming weekend, I'll be able to show her around the city and see just how well I know how to get around :o)
I'll update soon, miss everyone! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment