No really, I mean what the title says. If you come to the Middle East, especially Egypt, be very careful what you eat! Ever since I got back from Egypt at the end of November, I haven't been feeling quite right. Finally went to the doctor and I have four medications. ah! to deal with the mess in my stomach. I'm not sure what I ate that started this whole thing, but the food in Egypt was delicious, so no regrets here. :o)
Been spending time getting better so quiet days, doing work from home. I have preparations for the Psychology of Music class I am teaching spring semester, as well as preparations for my new work at the Institute for Family Health. The groups I am working with are more serious populations in collaboration with the psychologists on board at the center. I am hoping this will be a good experience, positive for both the clients and myself. We shall see.
In other news, my friend Amit is back in town so it's trivia night tomorrow night, woohoo! I need to get my brain moving a little bit. Aimee is finally feeling much better and we are both excited about the upcoming concert on January 20th. The music should be great and some members of the Cairo Symphony are joining us on one of the pieces.
I am trying to take some more quiet time for myself in the new year. For example, I really haven't been spending time making music on my own. I don't sing or play as much for fun so I want to increase that as well as increase my quiet time at night to sit and read, relax, before bed. It's tough because I want to catch people back in the States online but I was staying up way too late to do that. My new schedule will work, I promise :o) I will still be in touch, don't worry.
Alright, back to work, will update soon! miss you and love, xoxo
1 comment:
Good for you! You are learning to priortize and take care of yourself! Love, Mom (I'm allowed to say these things because I am the Mom!)
Post a Comment