Sunday, November 22, 2009

what happens in Jordan...

Ok, I first have to apologize for the lateness in my update; however, this last week was the busiest/craziest week schedule wise, as well as an emotional roller coaster - so I ask your forgiveness. The meaning of my title is just this - what happens in Jordan stays in Jordan. Not really, I am going to share with you all the crazy details of my life at the current moment. Take today for example: I randomly got a call a few days ago about a reporter coming to the center to do a story on the music therapy project. I don't know how they got our contact info but I said "great"! Today, when I show up, the man guy introduced himself as the anchor of the evening news here in Jordan and the man host of "Good Morning Egypt". He wanted to film plenty of minutes to make sure he had enough to choose from for the feature on the music therapy project. Not just a headline story, a feature story! He interviewed Julie and I, then some of the kids, filmed group sessions, very professional and pleasant to work with. My kids did an awesome job as well, they didn't get stage fright which is amazing - when I first started working with some of them, they had very limited social interactions.

I am supposed to get a copy of the show so I will see if I can upload it to my blog or facebook! We shall see, hopefully this will help bring some more financial support as well for the project.

In other news, Lisa and Grace got home safely to the States and Canada. I miss them a ton, hits at weird moments, but I am so lucky to have a great support system here. It is truly awesome how I have made such close friends in my short time here. Doesn't mean I don't miss my friends from home though.

Started practicing for the Nutcracker - woohoo, love that music. :o) Makes me feel like it's the holidays. We are having an American Thanksgiving this Thursday with a mixture of locals and Americans, should be a great time! Don't know what I'm making yet but I think everyone is bringing a dish. I love the fact that people just come over and cook for each other here, it's so nice to not have to plan everything, people just get together and enjoy.

Anyway, I will update more soon. love you and miss you much, xoxo

No comments: