I was able to skype with my family and see my grandma on skype, so nice. It felt strange not to be at home for Thanksgiving, this is my first time FAR away for a holidays. I guess it's good practice for Christmas. I am planning on being in Bethlehem on Christmas Eve so I am pretty excited about that.
Now before I get ahead of myself, I should concentrate on the trip at hand. Tomorrow morning, I head to Cairo, Egypt!!!! I am going to see the pyramids, the Nile River, Alexandria -the world's oldest library. I just can't believe I am really going to be there. Trust me, I will document with pictures galore. I exchanged money yesterday -well, actually, a friend of mine took my money and did it for me - but the Egyptian pounds are so pretty. They almost look like play money, they are so colorful and exciting.
I am nearing the end of my fourth month here in Jordan and like I've mentioned before, the time goes both slow and fast. Sometimes, I just yearn for the day that I will be flying home to see my friends and family - then other days, this place feels more and more like my home and I realize that it will be just as hard to leave here in August. I spent part of yesterday with Julie and Soetji and the kids, just made me feel very homey and Thanksgiving like. :o) Made me realize I do have a home here because of the relationships I am building. A good friend recently quoted Dave Matthews to me in an e-mail, saying "it's not where you are but who you are with that really matters". How true how true. Alright, I must pack and get ready for my adventure. Talk to you soon! xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment