Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February?!?!

I absolutely cannot believe that it is February 2nd - feel like I am in the twilight zone or something with how fast the time is flying by.  I picture where I was last year at this time (beautiful S.C) and it feels like yesterday.  Sigh, I wonder if life will always go this fast?  


I had a wonderful weekend this past weekend, went on a retreat with the new choir I joined and we went to the Dead Sea.  The two days were packed with bonding experiences, rehearsals, LOTS of food :o), and laughs.  A nice perk was the comfortable bed I was able to sleep in and the running hot water, oh the simple things that I miss.   One moment of the retreat made me chuckle - as I walked out of the front doors of the hotel (Holiday Inn Resort, which was awesome!) there was a bedouin man and his camel, just sitting, waiting for someone to take him up on a camel ride.  The camel was perfectly seated, it was almost like he wasn't really there - it looked so perfect!  But also so ironic, a camel in front of a fancy resort.  Moments later, a herd of sheep made their way down the Dead Sea Highway and I smiled, realizing how many things I have gotten used to that are seem so strange to my friends and family at home.   Another moment of the retreat that was beautiful was at the end of the retreat during our last rehearsal - we sang a Sufi Melody in Arabic with simple harmonies and then would land on the tonic note and hold it out - the a drone, then people took turns improvising and singing a song or melody that was spiritually significant to them.  In the choir, we have people from ALL different faith backgrounds so it was just beautiful to hear everyone expressing what was in their heart and watching the others show so much respect for each one.  AMAZING.   :o)


Things with work keep developing as well.  Sessions at the center start today and I am working with adults as well as children this spring, we'll see how it goes- I really hope that the organization of the sessions is better with the psychologists, I want the best for the clients.  I also will be working part-time at a school for children with special needs, the board approved hiring me today so I will hopefully start next week.  Just a few hours a week but it will help Julie with scheduling and give the students in the BA program more opportunities to observe.  Start teaching next week - college class!!  I am prepared, I just hope it goes well, we shall see.  


I have some great mile markers to look forward to this spring as my Mom and Bill are coming to visit in March, Gwen in April, and Bernie and Joan in June!!  Visitors will for sure make the time fly even faster than it is already going.   Alright, better get to work but I'll post more soon!!  Sending hugs, xoxo, love you and miss you!

No comments: