Friday, February 26, 2010

Another Rainy Day

Boy does it rain in the desert!  Who would have thought?!   I have been sitting inside on my lovely Friday day off, getting caught up on e-mails, paperwork, and reading.  I have started working with a client that suffers from neurological issues to I need to get caught up on the current research in music therapy and these issues - I love challenges and this is definitely one that will be so great! 


The weeks have been going faster and faster as sessions, class, and symphony take up my time.  Sessions are intense-I think groups are often more energy consuming because I have to make sure I am watching for everyone's reactions, responses, etc. to the music experiences and with the language barrier, I am listening to the psychologists and translators in Arabic/English - whew!  I am tired when I get home.  Feeling more and more like an adult though.  It's funny being in that place between young adulthood and feeling grown up.  I wonder if any of us actually feel grown up?  There are always moments of doubt no matter who we are or what we do, that's life.  It's about having the confidence to push through and trusting yourself.  


It's exciting to know that people are really hearing about music therapy here in Amman and wanting more information.  Julie and I have been getting calls and inquiries about music therapy services from all over the place.  We really need more music therapists!  


Hope to write more soon.  Miss you lots, xoxo

No comments: