I definitely feel in the fall spirit after this weekend! I spent Friday evening out on the town with Katie, my lovely friend from Michigan (aka - Pearse and Mary's cousin), then went apple-picking in country on Saturday with some work folks, followed by an apple cider donut with hot chocolate on the side! Then of course, because Halloween is coming up, Angela and I went to one of her co-workers houses for a Halloween "Dress as a Beverage" party so I went as Shirley Temple and Angela went as Blue Moon. Don't worry - pictures will be posted eventually.
The weekend continued today with a brisk walk down to the Charles River to check out the Head of the Charles Regatta. Tons of rowing teams come from all over to compete! I finished the day by cooking my favorite Arabic dish, Kousa Mashi and using the leftover zucchini for zucchini bread. We'll see how the bread tastes tomorrow but the Kousa Mashi (stuffed zucchini) was delicious!
The cats explored all items being made in the kitchen and Sammie discovered her love for zucchini. Nermal just napped through the entire event which was much easier.
Things with the job are going well - still learning how to approach music therapy with this new population. My dad was wonderful and sent me a few new music therapy books to help me gather research and materials so hopefully that will help as well!
Alright - off to bed, will update more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment