Saturday, October 9, 2010

Learning Curve

I guess there is always a learning curve with a new job and I am slowly feeling out this new position.  I am working in a lot of schools with classes, kids with special needs which is a very different setting for me than my previous training and experience.  Luckily, I usually meet my challenges and work hard to provide the best services that I can - I am hoping that I can get my creative mind in gear and get with the picture for this position!  


In other news, I have applied for a few on the side positions to give some extra cash flow and give my brain a break from the therapy end of things.  One possibility is a paper store, the other a coffee shop - either would be fine for me, we'll have to see what the hourly rate is like.  I am hoping that I made the right choice in moving to Boston.   I had applied for a few other jobs but this is the one that came through!  I am just hoping I am following the right path, direction for my life - I think I am but it just takes time to readjust to a new situation and culture.  I should have plenty of practice with this from Jordan - but surprisingly, Boston is proving to be just as difficult if not more difficult for the transitions because of all the small nuances and differences instead of the stark differences the Middle East had to the States.  


Enough of my blabbing...haha.  The kitties had their second round of vaccines today and should be doing well from now on, got a healthy report card and let me tell you, they just keep getting cuter!  For some reason, they love laying on top of my clean laundry in the basket; however, they never sleep on the dirty laundry when it's sitting there, hmmmm?  


Please send prayers for transition and decreased anxiety over new job, new people, new life.  


Sending love xoxoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Good to hear things are going well! Chris and I have friends that live in Boston if you need some ideas on things to do- don't know if you met Chris Mueller (he came to college a couple times). He and his gf, Kathleen live there. Kathleen is a sweetheart and I think you'd get along with her fine. Anyway, if you want to talk with Kathleen, I can get her email for you and give her a heads up : )