In work news, yesterday was a great day with my kids. After one of my groups, we just put on some tunes and danced the afternoon away. These kids are so full of excitement, joy, love...it gives me hope that they can hold on to hope in the future, even though most of them have been through so much already. Really makes me appreciate everything and everyone around me.
Went to the Citadel in downtown Amman on Friday with Aimee and Joe, had a great time. The archaeological museum was full of artifacts dating back to the beginning of human existence in this area. Parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls were on display....and the ruins were awesome. For some reason, ancient ruins don't get old, no matter how many I see, they fascinate me. I always think about what it would have been like to live in that time....probably not too much fun for a woman, but that's another topic. I missed soccer to go to the Citadel and apparently, that was not ok :o) My fellow team members were grumbling that Indiana Jones (that's me) wasn't there. I"ll have to make it up to them next week.
Things are really starting to become normal for me, being here. I"ll have to make sure I still document and take pictures of everything because even though it's normal for me, it's so different from the States.
Alright, I better get some sleep. Update soon. Aqaba concert on Thursday so I'll have some new travel photos then. Miss you lots, xoxo
1 comment:
I miss you! :)
Post a Comment