Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fun Adventures

Well folks, it's always a story with me. Moved my stuff up one floor from Lisa's apartment to mine yesterday and began to do some cleaning. The problem with living in a desert is that everything gets dusty in about 20 seconds after you clean it. grrr. :o) I have a big double bed in my bedroom so first thing yesterday, I went downtown and bought a comforter and sheets and pillow cases (all hand made and cost about $40 for the set) and then came back and made the bed. I'll be sure to take pictures once I get the rest of the place set up. John and Amy made dinner last night so Grace, Lisa, John, Amy, and I sat around and talked for awhile, then we proceeded to go get some coffee, I had a milkshake (of course!), and then walked to the home store up the street for a few things I needed, like a shower curtain, important. Once back in my apartment, I started feeling very alone. It's funny how our comfort level changes in a place. For the last month, I have been looking forward to having my own place, etc. but in the mean time, I had gotten used to sharing Lisa's place and having her around to talk to and hang out with. Luckily, she's only one floor below but it's still another adjustment that she and I have to make. Well, as it turns out, I was not alone last night. I was trying to figure out the internet connection when a HUGE HUGE HUGE cockroach came out from under the coach. I seriously have never seen one so big. I tried to smoosh it but it ran back under the coach so I called Grace who has bug killer. She came upstairs and we got it into the corner, then sprayed but it didn't die, instead it ran around the corner in MY BEDROOM! We were a fit of girly screams but managed to kill it and put it in a bucket. I cannot tell you exactly what it is but I really dislike big bugs like that. I shouldn't, I'm bigger than them....but I cannot get over it. haha. Hopefully he will be my only visitor. Other than that, the apartment is great....very big! Large sitting room area, good kitchen, and the bathroom is workable -especially for only one person.

In other news, sessions are continuing to go very well, I have my favorite group today. I still need to get my creative brain in gear. It's still distracted by adjusting to a new country, making new friends, trying to be normal :o) but soon, it will be in full gear and things will keep running smoothly. The translator really is helping with talking through some issues, especially with the teenage clients.

I start symphony rehearsals next week so we shall see how it goes! We rehearse twice a week for orchestra and twice a week symphonette (the smaller ensemble) and have one concert a month for orchestra. Trying to keep my schedule straight in my head. Soon, things will become more regular, especially after Ramadan. Only a few more days left in Ramadan and then the big celebration at the end! Hopefully, our trip to Damascus, Syria will take place over the few days we have off at the end of the month. Don't worry, we'll be safe. I'll be seeing places that are talked about in the bible! How cool!!

Alright, time for me to stop writing and get to work. Talk to you soon, missing home a lot lately. Sending good thoughts. xoxo

No comments: