I had the complete opposite experience of that today. A group that I got hooked up with from Julie went to Mar Elias, the place where Elijah was fed by ravens, to have a spiritual retreat. In 1999, they started excavating beautiful old church ruins with mosaic floors. The place is also said to be close to where Elijah was born as well. Let me tell you, being there this morning, looking out over the hills was ridiculous, really awe-inspiring. I know that the pictures will not be the same but it was like I was in the clouds, looking out over the vast land. The retreat was based on the passage in Kings where God speaks to Elijah with a gentle whisper, the idea was to take time to be by yourself, in the midst of nature, focusing solely on God and his voice. The morning session was about an hour and a half, then lunch all together talking and mingling, then the afternoon session about an hour and 15 minutes, closing with prayer and sharing. The group was very multi-cultural and all different occupations, quite fun to get to know new people :o) Both sessions were spent completely alone, I picked a beautiful spot on the rocks where I could sit under a tree and look out over the land. The breeze would come up and cool me off, then the sun would warm me when I needed it. It was really comforting to have that space to listen to God's voice. A strong pull that I keep feeling from him is that we will always have our 2 natures inside of us, good and evil, and we cannot follow good intentions alone, we NEED God, the Holy Spirit, living in us to guide us on the right path and the ultimate goal is to love each other with self-less love, show Christ to others. And enough preaching for today, haha.
Lisa, Grace, and I were able to find the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy online tonight so we watched most of it, it cut out when we had watched 72 minutes of video so we'll have to catch the rest tomorrow. Should be fun finding it each week online :o) I need to get some sleep, long day tomorrow. I have symphony rehearsal from 10 am -1 pm, then work in the afternoon until 5, then another rehearsal from 6:30-10:00. Miss everyone so much, torn between two continents right now. talk to you soon, xoxoxo.
No comments:
Post a Comment