Monday, September 21, 2009

vacation days

Ramadan is officially over and it is the week of the feast and celebration, the Eid. Because of that, I do not have sessions until Saturday and I do not have symphony rehearsal until Wednesday evening. Yesterday, I just took the day to relax and start hanging pictures in my apartment so it is starting to look a bit more like home. I'll also ease your minds and tell you that I found cockroach bait traps and put them out today, hopefully that will help get rid of my little visitors. The little ones aren't too bad, just the big ones still scare me!

I'm on my way to a dinner party with some folks from the conservatory and we are going to have a night of remembrance for Patrick Swayze by watching some of his movies. I'll let you know which ones we end up watching. Just a quick update on my day today. Lisa and I decided to really do this vacation thing right and since we couldn't travel, we wanted to pamper ourselves. Right in our neighbor, there is a place to get Turkish baths. This particular place has a great reputation so we made reservations for noon today. Let me tell you, I have never experienced anything quite like it. For about 30 US dollars, I got to sit in a sauna, drink wonderful juice, rinse off, then sit in a jacuzzi with jets for awhile (I'm in a bathing suit the whole time by the way), AND, it's all women in the room! then I was exfoliated with this crazy looking scrub, felt like a car getting washed down. The woman showed me all the dead skin coming off my body, it was pretty gross, but I had nice smooth skin afterwards. Then, I laid down and received a full body massage which was AWESOME! The woman really worked out a lot of the knots in my shoulder and back, lovely. Lisa and I walked home in slow motion, it was such a relaxing experience. I'm thinking I should do that more often, hehe. It was a treat for vacation but I might do it again before I leave Jordan for sure.

I figure I deserve it for dealing with my broken toilet and cockroach situation at home. :o) I can be spoiled for a day. Alright, off to the dinner party. I"ll keep you updated! Talk to you soon, miss you lots. xoxo

1 comment:

Jen said...

wow Mel, you are def. taking life by the horns! I love reading about your experiences and imagining what you are going through. And blogging is a wonderful way to look back at your progress once you are all done. I have been looking at your pictures as well, they are awesome. Keep writing- I love reading!