Friday, September 4, 2009

Yeah!!!

Sorry for the delay in an update this week but it has been a busy one! Still no change on the apartment but according to the landlord, maybe tomorrow or the next day. Today is Friday, the Holy Day, so nothing will happen today I am sure. Don't worry, Lisa is awesome and being very patient so hopefully soon soon, I will have my own place.

In other news, my sessions are continuing to go very well! We have a female translator now who just started a few days ago. Her name is Noora and she is about our age, very cool, and did a very good job yesterday in my sessions. It is an interesting thing because for about 75% of the session, the music really speaks and I don't need a translator but then there are those 25% of other moments where it is SO helpful to have Noora translate the client verbalizations and needs. I am just excited because the kids are still excited to come to music every week and I'm really building good relationships with them. With work, Lisa is trying to figure out if she is staying until May ( I hope she does!) and yesterday, we met all the new teachers that came to teach at the conservatory (percussion, horn, clarinet, violin, cello, theory, etc.) It is so cool because everyone is from all over the place and great personalities. We went out for dinner to get to know each other and it was a blast! I met John who is from Alabama and might be living in the same building as Lisa and I. He just got here 24 hours ago so he looks like I did, a bit overwhelmed but he was able to relax a bit with dinner. It was our first late night, 1 am! for Lisa and I so we are a bit sleepy today, luckily, it's the day off so we can just take care of things around the apartment, groceries, etc.

Ok!! So my big news that I am super excited about is...........I made the Amman Symphony Orchestra!!! I will be playing 2nd flute, 2nd chair, which is fine fine with me, I am just excited to be a part of the group and play with all of these people from all over the world. :o) Apparently, my audition was graded a "B". I'm cool with that, just means I"ll have to work up to an "A" by the end of my time here right? hehe. We rehearse just twice a week until the last week of the month where we have five rehearsals and then a concert on Wednesdays. We'll see how it goes and I'll be sure to keep you updated! I heard we even might travel around to perform, how awesome!

Alright, time for me to be productive. I miss everyone a ton, it's such a strange thing to have these great things happen but everyone that I love and want to tell is FAR away. Luckily, I know that I carry you in my heart everyday. sending good thoughts. xoxo

No comments: