Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day to Day to Day

Today is October 3rd....well, technically this will probably get posted on October 4th which marks my two month mark of being in Amman. How crazy is that?! My personal perception is that it feels like I have been here about a year...haha, but it's pretty cool that two months have gone fast and slow at the same time.

Today was a work day for me, as is tomorrow. Only Friday for the weekend here folks. Luckily, I have my group sessions on Saturday and the kids usually have a blast with music experiences and activities. Today was one of the first days I really had to lay down the law for some of the kids. As usual, kids like to see how far they can push boundaries. I am pretty sure I will find that in any culture.

In other news, I played soccer yesterday! Oh as they call it in most of the world, football. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to actually run around for a long period of time, outside! And the best part it, it was a fenced in center, so I wore shorts. It's the first time I have worn shorts outside since I arrived in Amman, felt very strange. Only the people I was playing with could see me though and they were just the symphony folks. One of the guys is from Columbia...he was really good, I held my own though. Even thought it's been about 2 years since I've really played a game, I had a great time just relaxing with friends and enjoying being outside. I'm hoping to join a gym in about a week or two. Also, Aimee and I are definitely moving into the new place this coming week so that is exciting. It's a good location and I think it will really help to be with roommates, since both Grace and Lisa are leaving in November. :o( I'll miss them a ton.

Met some new folks tonight after church which was lovely but guess where we went to dinner? Chili's. I'm not kidding....they actually have one in Jordan. Kind of sad that we went there but the food and the company was good. I better get to sleep but wanted to give you the small updates. Miss everyone a lot....especially missing the fall weather, the desert is still very hot! Enjoy hot apple cider and things like that, I can't seem to find that here ;o) Talk to you soon, xoxo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're calling it football :o)

Just had some hot apple cider and it was yummy