Wednesday, October 14, 2009

food days :o)

Apparently, my life is starting to revolve around food, which I am ok with :o) On Monday, I was feeling particularly hungry for rice and chicken which was perfect because I went over to Julie's for dinner at that was exactly what she made. She is a wonderful cook, as is her husband, so every time I eat there, it is delicious! Then, when I woke up yesterday, Aimee and I decided to go on a nice long walk from Third Circle to 1st Circle, our main goal: get FALAFAL. Since we moved, we are not down the street from our favorite falafal stand so it takes more effort to get there but well worth it. On the way, we were side-tracked by this awesome smoothie place called Fruit Salad. I ordered a mango-strawberry smoothie and it was only 1 JD (basically a $1.50) and it was fresh fresh with nothing but the fruit, SO GOOD! Then of course, we did get to the falafal stand and it hit the spot. Then, after symphony rehearsal last night, we were too lazy to cook so we walked down the street and found a great little pizza place. The menu was completely in Arabic but we ordered cheese and garlic pizza (I got mushrooms, yum!) and then, for dessert, a Nutella calzone. I'm not sure how many of you eat Nutella but it's a fantastic hazelnut/chocolate spread (I think from Germany) and it was all melty in the middle of the calzone, I haven't had anything quite like it. Anyway, to continue our food week, I woke up this morning and made pancakes for Aimee and I and we were able to sit at the dining room table, enjoying the morning with our pancakes and good conversation. YUM! for food!

As far as work goes, the past few days have been interesting. I have been doing my paperwork and planning for sessions but on Monday night, I got to help with the UN project proposal, basically the document sent in to renew my job for 2010. Lisa, Julie, and I went over to the assistant director's place and started working on this LONG document. It had been given to the assistant director on Monday and they wanted it to be completed and submitted on Tuesday. Unbelievable! There was so much to write and the language in documents like that is very different than what I am used to. As a team, we brainstormed and worked together for about 4 hours and completed the proposal, how awesome! It was great experience for me to be able to work on a UN project proposal like that and hopefully, the project will be renewed for 2010. Music Therapy is obviously benefiting the clients so hopefully, that will be clear to those in higher positions.

I need to get to work but I just wanted to give you that food/work update :o) Don't worry, I do have my fair share of Arabic food each week as well. And again, yesterday, my snack in the afternoon was a delicious pomegranate that I got for about 50 cents (and I promptly squirted the juice on my white t-shirt, haha). Love the fresh food here!

Anyway, talk to you soon, I"ll keep you updated on more adventures. I miss you lots, xoxo.

No comments: