Friday, October 23, 2009

Football Friday

It's officially Football Friday in my neck of the woods.....well, there are no woods, my neck of the desert, hehe. And by Football, I mean Soccer :o) As I have told you in the past few weeks, a group from the symphony has been getting together and playing soccer on Friday afternoons and this past week, it got serious. Today, I will heading to soccer with our team list, a jersey (I'm on the Jordanian Club team) and prepared for a serious game. It makes me smile so much because it's all in fun but some people get so competitive, this should get interesting. I'll keep you updated!

In work land, we submitted the UN document yesterday so convince them to fund us, we will most likely find out the verdict sometime in the beginning of November. I am hoping that they continue with the project. We included an amazing case study of one of the clients that has made significant changes over the past few months, I'm sure that will help to show them exactly what we do and how it works.

As far as me being here, symphony has taken over my life this week but we played a concert in the Roman Amphitheater on Tuesday and we have a big concert next Wednesday. That means rehearsals every night starting Saturday night, lovely :o) I still love my music therapy job and as much as I hate dealing with all of the admin stuff, I will be better prepared for my next job so that's a blessing.

Julie's husband, Soetji, has hamsters and one of them had babies a few weeks ago. They are amazing, so small but they know exactly what to do. Some of them are even litter trained now. But anyway, my roommates and I might be adopting one. We'll see......I'm not sure how I feel about hamsters. They are super cute now but they don't always stay cute. The mom is a white hamster which is kind of scary looking but some of the babies and brown, that could be nice. Always some sort of adventure here! It's nice to be enjoying normal daily life as well as this crazy job that I am blessed to have.

My last update, I joined Curves, gym for women, and I am very excited! It's right down the street so I can walk to it and it's only women, so I can wear shorts and really work out. Awesome! I think that will help with my mental status too, I'm always feeling better when I'm working out regularly. I'll see if I can do a music therapy study there too ;o) haha, just kidding. But they did have appropriate work out music playing when I signed up yesterday.

Alright, better get ready for "Football Friday"!! Talk to you soon, miss you and love you, xoxo

No comments: