Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mid-Week Connection

Usually, our symphony concerts are on Tuesday but this month, Wednesday.....a lovely mid-week show. I am sitting here before it, just being able to relax and finally update you on this week. Work has been busy busy so that is why my internet time has been cut down for awhile.

Last night, I was a cat-sitter for Tim and Christina who live downstairs. They found a baby kitten outside a few days ago (named her Pumpkin, think I told you) and she is adorable. Unfortunately, she has been waking them up at 3 am for the past few nights, so last night, I volunteered for night-duty. Pumpkin made the trip up the flight of stairs and began to explore our apartment, SO CUTE! I did take some pictures so don't worry, you'll get to see her. She's a lovely little calico. Anyway, my bedroom and bathroom area have a door that can be closed to the rest of the apartment, so we put her litter box and food in the hall between my bedroom and bathroom and that was her area for the night. I left my bedroom door open just to see if she would bother me or not. You would not believe it but she jumped up on my bed and made herself comfortable next to my stuffed dog "Chewy" and slept until 7:30 am! I wasn't quite ready to get up then so I went back to sleep for a few minutes, only to wake up and find Pumpkin sleeping next to my head on my pillow, snoring :o) Now that she is back downstairs, I miss her! Uh oh, maybe I should get a cat......hehe.

My Arabic speaking has been remaining stable but I've been so busy with work that I haven't been practicing new words, I need to get back on track! Aimee and I walk around the apartment at night, practicing all of the different sounds incorporated in the language, completely different than any of the romantic languages......someday, I will get it. Maybe in August, I will be able to speak Arabic in full sentences :o) Reading the language is also one of my goals, it would really help in daily life. For example, last night I wanted to order pizza from the place down the street but I couldn't read the menu. Luckily, the guy taking my order knew the English words for the toppings....So I ended up with a fantastic mushroom/garlic/cheese/tomato pizza! Yum!

Alright, time to get ready for symphony! Miss you and talk to you soon. xoxoxo

No comments: