On the way back from the clinic, Achmed, our driver from the conservatory stopped at Starbucks so I could feel normal for a bit. hahaha, what a strange experience to go into Starbucks in Amman, Jordan. Have to say I didn't quite feel normal.
I planned to go the Amman International Church after work with my new friend Grace so we hopped a taxi and made our way to the church. Wow, what an experience. I felt as though I was in a regular church in the U.S singing praise and worship songs that I know and listening to a sermon in clear English.
Afterwards, my friend Amit (met through a friend of Mom's from work, etc. etc., small world!) picked Grace and I up and took up to Simmone and Rami's house (people I met on Wednesday night at dinner) and we ate an awesome BBQ dinner, met even more people (from Australia, Jordan, Germany, Pakistan). Following dinner was a brilliant ant game of Taboo, one of my favorite board games. It was SO good to sit and laugh with people and as strange as it may sound, the people here are so friendly, I feel as if I've known them longer than a few days. It's unbelievable. At the same time, I still have that voice in my head that is not sure about spending a WHOLE year here without seeing friends and family. I don't want to lose touch with home but I am glad to be here, at least for now. Just preparing everyone, I"m sure there will be many many ups and downs along my journey so bear with me.
Tomorrow is a pretty quiet day but I will be sure to update you on what's new. I miss you and love you lots.
No comments:
Post a Comment