Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quick Hello

Hey everyone! This is just a quick update but I just wanted to say hi and say that my Saturday went very well. I had my group sessions today and the coolest thing was the moment that I walked in the door and my kids were SUPER excited to see me and start playing :o) I still can't understand too much of what they are telling me but my comprehension of Arabic is already starting to improve in the few short weeks that I have been here. The kids are patient with me and I am with them so it's a good balance thus far.

Ramadan started today and the streets were dead. Grace and I walked to the grocery store this morning and no one was out and about...all the stores were closed. Luckily, the grocery store was open and I was able to get a few things for the week but it was like a ghost town. The same went for tonight on our way home from church. I went back to the Amman International Church that I tried two weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. It is so cool to worship with people from all over the world. It's a very warm community of people as well so very easy to talk to and get to know. At sundown, they break the fast and people can eat from then until 3 am.....quite a concept.

I'm going to try and get some good sleep again tonight, I am finally really sleeping through the night and waking up rested. Talk to you soon, miss you all so much, love you.

No comments: