Just a quick update today before I head to the clinic. I walked down to the bank and exchanged the last bit of my US money into JD (Jordanian dinars) and man, that is depressing. The amount I get back is significantly less than the amount I gave, however, cost of living is much lower here. I stopped at a local falafel place on the way back and got a huge falafel sandwich and a pepsi for less than 1 JD! Falafel is a Middle Eastern specialty consisting of small, deep fried balls made of highly spiced, ground vegetables (usually chickpeas or fava beans mixed with onions and fresh herbs). They're generally tucked inside pita bread, sandwich-style which is the way I had it today. :o)
In other news, yesterday I was walking home from the grocery store up the street and a car passed me on a side street. The sticker on the back window of the car said.....ELIZABETHTOWN COLLEGE! How crazy is that?! I'm hoping I see them again, I was too shocked to really try to get them to stop. If anyone knows who that might be, let me know. hehe
This afternoon, I am going to observe Lisa again at the clinic. This observation time is crucial for me so I can really see how the kids are interacting and working in music therapy. This population is difficult for many reasons but the language barrier adds another level of complexity. The cool thing about it is that it forces me to be super aware of facial expressions, body language, to really focus on the individual and the music they are making, what it is saying. Observing is also giving me time to make notes, come up with new ideas, and hopefully figure out what kind of research I want to do while I am over here. I definitely want to conduct a study of some sort, just not sure what yet.
I will let you know how everything goes later! Talk to you soon, miss you all
1 comment:
Sounds like you're getting more adjusted. You should post on "Missed connections" on craigslist (if it's as popular there as it is here) for the Elizabethtown College person. :)
Post a Comment