So apartment down, ready to roll at the end of the month. Oh, and Lisa is letting me stay here until then which is SUPER nice. You guys would love her. I feel like I've known her for a long time but we just met. That seems to be the trend with meeting people here. Alright, more positing later. Talk to you soon!! xoxo
documenting daily life (in Somerville, MA) can result in some of the most boring stories but can also reveal some epic truths - stay tuned
Sunday, August 9, 2009
In Addition....
In my excitement of typing last night, I forgot another important detail from the day yesterday. When Lisa and I got home from work, we heard the landlord in the building so we scurried over to his office to see if we could catch him. Luckily he was there and I introduced myself and told him I was very interested in staying in his building. He immediately told me about a place that would be opening up at the end of the month when a lady moves out so he took me upstairs to see it. We couldn't go in because she wasn't at home but he opened the window to the kitchen and that looked nice enough for me. Also, I have direct access to the roof terrace that is overlooking the city and has lots of plants and little lights :o) it will be lovely to eat dinner out there. I will take pictures as soon as I can of that area. I made the decision to take the apartment even though I haven't seen the rest of it, Abu Mohammd (the landlord) took us into his son's apartment that he will be making into two separate ones by the end of September and they were both very very nice. Now, the idea of "nice" here is relative to the culture. When I take pictures, you'll see what I mean, but I am very happy to be in the same building as Lisa and Grace and this neighborhood is quite safe with lots of places to walk to (shops, restaurants, bank, etc).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment