I am currently staying in Lisa's apartment, the other music therapist that has been here since May. She is wonderful and it's so nice to have a friend right away. Hopefully I will find an apartment of my own to move into quickly so I don't bug her too long. ;o) The apartments here vary in size and in quality so the search could be interesting. The pace of the city is busy but the people here seem to take more time to walk around and enjoy the moment a bit.
My first night, I landed at 5:15, got dropped off at Lisa's at 6:15 and we went to meet one of her friends for dinner soon after. Of all places, we ended up going to get Chinese food. I had lovely wonton soup and fried rice, easy on the stomach for my first few days here. I got to meet Lisa's friend Allen who is from Georgia. He's here teaching art I believe to refugee children. I need to check on that as I was a bit loopy from exhaustion at the end of the day yesterday.
I am going to spend this week catching up on sleep and trying to adjust, then I start work on Saturday. The work week here it Saturday to Thursday, the holy day is Friday. Makes for a different type of schedule but I think I will like it, people stay up late here and sleep in later in the morning. I could deal with that. I will be starting at the clinic with the kids on Saturday and then towards the end of the month, things for the undergrad program will begin to get underway.
Well, I will stop typing for now, hope to get pictures up soon. When I have my own place, I will be sure to put pictures of that as well. Right now, I am longing for routine, everything is just so new and crazy that I feel overwhelmed. I hope that will begin to change soon. Love you all and miss you so much, talk to you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment