Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's been a Wednesday

Today, being Wednesday, was my fourth day observing at the clinic. Now, let me explain that the kids we are working with are AWESOME and they love love love music. However, sometimes, things don't always go as planned with the facility etc. The music therapy room was being torn apart today, new walls, drills, you name it, and we had no warning to take the instruments out. Luckily there was another room we could use but it was not as therapeutic as we would have liked. Little things like that will be the challenge here and I will need patience to work with those things.

Lisa and I had a great moment with Ahmad, our driver, on the way home from the clinic. We took some pictures (which I will post on my picture blog :o) ) and then we changed his radio station to an American one and guess what they were playing......."We Built This City". So, through the streets of Amman, Ahmad was driving two dancing American girls and even Ahmad himself began to bounce a bit to the most ridiculous 80's song! haha. It was priceless.

I have also come to realize that I love the ice cream place that is up the street from us. I am blanking on the name right now but I'll update you. All I know is that I went yesterday and HAD to go back today...so good, yum yum.

Tomorrow, Lisa/Omar/Jace/and I are going to Petra and we are so lucky, we are staying for the candlelight walk through it. I am soo excited, and I will definitely have pictures for you over the weekend. On Friday, we are then going to the Dead Sea. I would say look for a very detailed blog about these adventures on Friday or Saturday.

Alrighty, off to bed so I am ready to hike tomorrow! It will be 100 degrees so lots of water and sunscreen needed. I miss everyone a lot.....it's so good to experience new things but hard to be away from everyone that I love. I'll update as soon as I can!

No comments: