Ok, so the really funny part of the day was what happened this evening, after church. My favorite falafal stand was OPEN!! woohoo, so I stopped by and got one for myself, then went over to Grace's to eat and hang out. She had signed up online to talk with an internet company here, Wi-Tribe, about getting a faster speed internet but figured it would take them a few days to respond. Well, no, he responded in about a half hour and said he would come by in the evening to set it up. Because of Ramadan, businesses stay open much later and actually do a lot of work at night, again the flip of the day really. SO at 9:45 pm, the internet calls and shows up at the apartment building. Luckily Grace, her roommate Alexandria, and I were all there so it wasn't as weird as it could have been. Very knowledgeable guy and spoke English so that was a plus. He started to set up the internet, then asked for a glass of water.....a few minutes later asked if he could go out on the balcony to smoke.....a few minutes later asked to use the bathroom....and finally got everything set up, left around 11:00 pm!!!! That would never happen back in the States, a service man doing work at 10:30 pm at night...I mean really. But their internet does seem much faster so I need to contemplate whether I might do that. The plus side of faster internet is the ability to load pictures and things like that at a faster speed. I think skype might work better too so we'll see. I'll make my decision when I move into my own place.
Sessions today were great. I had my group sessions and the kids were FULL of energy once again. They seriously wear me out, trying to keep up with them. It is so cool to see the groups starting to listen to each other and work as a team during different experiences. You can hear it in the music too, they are starting to play together instead of doing their own individual things. Quite awesome actually.
Tomorrow I have more individual sessions so I need to get to sleep. Tomorrow is also NOT a fun day because I have to go get my blood test for my residency information. Everyone that applies for residency in Jordan must get a blood test to make sure you don't have swine flu or HIV. HIV is what they worry about most. If you do have it, you are immediately deported out of the country and cannot live here. Luckily, I am positive I have nothing to worry about in that department but I hate getting blood drawn. Lisa has to do it too so we'll support each other, or at least distract each other from the needle part. Alrighty, off to bed but I"ll talk to you soon! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment